As I’ve stated in the past, I’m a fan of a dish that can go a long way but more importantly, never get tired of. I hadn’t made a quinoa dish in a while, so that immediately came to mind when considering a hearty meal that would give me a break from cooking every meal from scratch for a few days. This dish is a blend of simple nutritious ingredients and compliments all sources of protein. It is provides great levels of vitamins A and C, and Iron. What makes this ‘Mediterranean’, in my mind, is the addition of olives and feta. Also topped with Campari Tomatoes, it has the essence of the popular tomato used in many Italian dishes.
Most of the ingredients are cooked then blended in one pot before layering in a deep dish.
The quinoa mix (quinoa, spinach, roasted tomatoes, peppers, olives, feta) minus the tofu is the first layer, then top with roasted tofu.
Add another layer of the quinoa mix and repeat. The final layer of quinoa is topped with sliced Campari tomatoes and feta.
Feed the wellness in you!
- 1 c Quinoa (3 cups cooked)
- 2 pkgs Extra Firm Tofu (32 oz)
- 5 oz package of Baby Spinach
- 1 - 15.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic
- 3/4 cup Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 3 Campari tomatoes
- Sautee the mixed bell peppers, set aside.
- Cook 1 c of Quinoa in 3 cups vegetable stock
- After the Quinoa is cooked, while hot add the baby spinach, diced tomatoes, olives, mixed bell peppers and 3/4 cups of feta cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to a deep 9x13 dish.
- Top with sliced Campari Tomatoes and the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.