There are many ingredients to build a superfood salad and most use the base of Kale. I like to make salads that last over several days, so I use items that won’t cause it to get soggy after a day or two of storage. You can always add avocado, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, quinoa and your protein of choice to this base superfood salad when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Feed the wellness in you!
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can white shoepeg corn
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, golden raisins, etc.)
- 6 oz balsamic vinegar
- Discard the ribs from the kale and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with the kale.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.