You can never run out of interesting options with pasta. The spicy broccoli rabe and edamame make this a protein and vegetable combo dream. I’ve been running a lot these days and I need carbs for energy and protein for recovery. This is everything to me! Bonus: it is simple and delicious.
- 1 lb. Pasta (any kind)
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. shelled edamame, steamed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli rabe or broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and broccoli, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in edamame.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 of the parsley, tomatoes and pepper flakes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine and top with cheese and remaining parsley.