Another frigid week and another big pot of soup was made! This has all simple, easy to find ingredients that blend well together for a hearty meal.
Very much like my Three Bean Vegan Soup, despite the name there is so much more in this soup. Alongside the Butternut Squash and Lentils and kale (I know everyone is saying that kale is so ‘2015’ but I still love it!), there are black beans and cannellini beans.
This is another soup that packs in the protein, vitamin c, iron and lots of vitamin a from the butternut squash. Make some warm cornbread to go along with it and you have a satisfied mind, (warm) body and soul.
Feed the wellness in you!
- 9 cups of vegetable stock (Better than Bouillon is preferred)
- 1/2 lb Chopped Kale
- 1 lb of diced Butternut Squash
- 1 - 15 oz can of Cannellini Beans
- 1 - 15 oz can of Black Beans Beans
- 1 - 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbl onion powder
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 1 tbl smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring your stock to a boil and add the kale. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Let cool to desired temperature and serve.